Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Seeing as this is my first post and it is now 10:30 pm I am not going to make this very long.  Today was a long day.  I woke up at 6:45 and got my son ready for school and then I had to get my bedroom ready for the mattress people to come and deliver the new mattress that my husband and I picked out this weekend to replace our old one.   They came and delivered the new mattress at 9 am and took the old one with them.  After that I fell asleep in the chair while watching something on the ID channel.  I also talked with the IRS and my tax preparer several times today because of a mistake on my taxes.  This has been going on for a week and it is finally getting resolved with an amended tax return.  Anyways, that is the extent of my very boring day.  Now here is what I ate today.

Breakfast
Cinnamon Chex-2 cups
1/4 cup 2 % milk 

Lunch
bagel
hard salami
2 slices colby jack cheese (80 cals/slice)

Dinner
Hot dogs (Kogel- beef  skinless)
one hot dog bun
tater rounds 

Snacks
Fruit and Yogurt Parfait (strawberries, blueberries & vanilla lowfat yogurt, from Kroger's produce dept.)
Better Made BBQ Potato Chips- 1 mini bag



Not the best eating day, but tomorrow is a new day and I will do better.




4 comments:

  1. Hi Laura! Good idea for accountability and great job on your food choices today! I love to feel full, so my problem is portion sizes. When I get hungry between meals, I try (TRY!) to choose fruits, vegetables, or lower-cal whole grains. Your daily eating "menu" for today makes me feel hungry! Do you ever snack, and if so, what do you choose?

    Keep up the good work, girl! : ) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I snack... I keep bags of baby carrots in the house and if I don't feel like eating those I have a stash of chocolate chips that I take a couple out of, especially if I need chocolate. I also like those nature valley granola bars, although I get the off brand, because they have a lot of fiber and one package is 200 calories. They really fill you up. I also try to get as much fruit as possible but this time of year it is so expensive that I can't get much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good snacking ideas! Aldi's fruit is really good and fairly inexpensive! Bananas are pretty filling. Also, regarding your baked potatoes. My mom introduced me to Fat Free, Plain yogurt. It tastes NOTHING like the sweet yogurt, but almost exactly like sour cream! Very low cal. Might be worth trying! Keep up the great work! And a HUGE CONGRATS on your new mattress!!! Yay! A friend of mine once said about getting a new mattress: "I feel like a QUEEN!" : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use fat free plain yogurt in my chicken enchilada's. they are 98% fat free. However, I don't like it on potatoes or even plain. the stuff I use is kroger brand and has 5gm fat and 60 calories per serving, which is 2 tbs or 6 tsp. I never go to aldi because it is on the other end of town and with gas being the price it is right now I can't really afford to go out there. I love bananas. My favorite fruits though are grapes, strawberries and blueberries.

    ReplyDelete